Samora is intrinsically motivated, focused on implementing eHealth solutions and attentive to data analysis to improve workflow and outcomes in healthcare systems. Over the past 5+ years, he has focused on building ideas into award-winning solutions as a web developer & consultant in the healthcare and commercial market. He combines his technical background and experience in challenging start-up environments to implement intuitive platforms that satisfy stakeholder objectives.
HTML, CSS, Angular 2/4, Node.js, AngularJS, WordPress, Ionic, Cordova, Git, Grunt/Gulp, Magento eCommerce , PHP CodeIgniter, MySQL, Karma, MongoDB, UML
Git, BitBucket, Photoshop & Illustrator, SQL Server Studio, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, MS Office, Amazon Web Services, Zachman Framework
Co-Founder & Front-End Developer, MediRevu, March 2014 – June 2016
Health tech company creating solutions for health and clinical professionals to improve clinical workflow.
- Developed multi-platform mobile apps for clients including CARPHA (Caribbean Public Health Agency) and the Diabetes Association of Barbados to improve patient engagement and increase staff productivity
- Collaborated face-to-face and remotely with a 3-member team to form data-driven strategic plans and requirements research from clinical stakeholders
- Researched healthcare innovations and trends focused on user adoption and UI/UX to implement in product development
- Applied LEAN software lifecycle methodologies to app development
- Collaborated with team on business development (idea to launch) with LEAN startup methodologies
- Devised customer acquisition strategies and workflows based on digital funnels with social media platforms, Google AdWords and Analytics
Web Consultant, Freelance & Consultancy, June 2007 – Present
Worked with clients in the tourism, technology and creative industries to develop website solutions, increase their digital presence and customer touchpoints.
- Integrated e-commerce, reporting and registration into clients’ websites
- Supported clients in system use and training through concise document guides, 1-to-1 sessions and remote assistance via email and telephone
- Migrated out-of-date and static websites to dynamic mobile responsive websites
- Implemented solutions, based on requirements research with clients, to develop custom web/mobile applications to increase business efficiency by automating customer interaction processes
Revelrii – 2011-Present
Developed a web application for carnival bands to manage registration, costume sales, customer relationships and inventory management of 3,000+ members.
- Improved resolution time of customer queries with more efficient information access
- Analysed data from 4,000+ transactions via reports from SQL queries to gain insights to develop new business cases, improve functionality and user experience
- Upgraded system’s security, performance and functionality through refactoring of code and implementing enhanced task and user workflows
Red Donor – 2013-2014
Founded non-profit organisation aimed at increasing the amount of donated blood available to health care facilities within the Caribbean region.
- Produced LEAN startup business plan and strategy documents for presentation to investors and stakeholders
- Gained recognition at Caribbean Innovation Competition 2013, Young Americas Business Trust (YABT) Entrepreneur of the Month award for April 2014 and Sagicor Visionaries 2014
- Lead development for web application and website utilising MVC frameworks and modern workflows including NodeJS, AngularJS, LESS and GruntJS
- Designed project branding and promotional/marketing materials
Intern & Web Consultant, Caribbean Development Bank, June 2009 – June 2010, June 2012- August 2012
Worked in the Information and Technology Solutions Department (I&TSD) of the bank in the Service Support and Technology Solutions Units.
- Promoted from intern to temporary consultant after 2-month internship
- Lead redesign, implementation and upgrade of web intranet portals for company departments
- Supported and trained staff via face-to-face sessions and user guides on use of upgraded portals
- Developed prototype web application for reporting 120 I&TSD KPIs
MSc in Information Systems (Health Information Management) with Distinction
Kingston University London, UK, September 2014 – September 2015
Dissertation Topic: Low Adoption & Usage of Mobile Health Applications
BSc in Computer Science with Management
University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados, August 2005 – June 2009
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Shortlisted for Social Enterprise Award 2015 at Kingston University (2015)
- Lean Launchpad Program at University of the West Indies (2014)
- 1st Prize in Digital Jam 3.0 “Pioneers of the Caribbean” (2014)
- Finalist in the Caribbean Innovation Competition (2013)
- Youth Delegate at the Inter-Regional Preparatory Meeting of Small Island Development States (SIDS) Meeting 2013
- Board Member of the Barbados Information Technology Professionals Association (BIPA) 2013-2014
English (Native), German (Learning)